Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Apostle Visits

Hey Family!!!!
I can't tell you how amazing it was to talk to you on Monday!!! I loved talking to all of you and hearing about all you're amazing things that are going on and your new goals and desires in life. I'm glad everything is going so well for everyone!! What a big blessing!!

Well, things have been really good! Last week we had a mission conference and Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve came! We all got to shake his hand. I told him I was from Sandy and he and his wife were excited because I guess they are too. I wish I brought some notes with me...but he basically did what Elder Holland did in the MTC and just answered missionary's weird questions. Haha. One of them was "what God's hand was in other religions?" He said a lot of stuff, but one thing in particular I liked was that he said that some people receive all sorts of blessings because as the scriptures say, there is a law in which all blessins are predicated ...or something like that. So it doesn't matter if people know they are keeping a commandment or not, they will still receive the blessing. That makes alot of sense to me. He and his wife then spoke in our Stake Conference. Their talks were about building faith and getting people to the temple. He said he was really sad that only 14% of the adults in the stake had been through the temple and said that people needed to do all they could to get there. Sister Christofferson's talk was amazing!! Maybe you've all heard this story before, but I hadn't. She talked about a bishop who always helped people who were stranded on the side of the road because he trully wanted to live the gospel. But one day he was robbed and thrown in his trunk and driven across town and left in a parking lot. By the time the police found him, he'd died. But he'd managed to open a little can of house paint and with his finger write "It's true. He lives." A lot of people were crying. So good.

We went on exchanges yesterday. I went with Sis Collyer from the MTC and we had a BLAST! We had some miracles happen. I felt like we should find an open place to eat dinner and someone would come up to us. We went to a park to eat, the lo! A woman came up to us and said, I want your Elders to visit my son in the hospital. AMazing!! Time is up!! Gotta Run! The picture is of Sis Collyer. If I had more time I would have added more pictures or a picture of me. :S
Love you all!!
Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment