Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yucky Elder Apartment

Hi Family!!

This week was pretty good. We had lunch with a member, Qiu Shi Ting. Both me and Sister Messenger had back aches/headaches so she brought her crazy Chinese healing instruments and did some crazy voodoo on our backs. Basically she pulled out this little gun thing with little suction cups. Then she would stick the cups on our back and suck the living heck out of our flesh and move it all around our backs. It hurt like CRAZY. It causes crazy hicky like bruises...she said the more pain or the more aches you have, the darker your bruises will be. She said something like it helps the "air" flow through our sore muscles...? I did feel more relaxed and my muscles felt good, but my skin hurt like nothing else.
Friday was transfers/move calls. The missionaries in Taiwan are getting less and less. So the mission ended up doing alot of changing in Taoyuan. There used to be a set of Elders in Taoyuan 2nd Ward and a set in the Bade ward, then Sisters who would be over both wards. But this Friday they completely closed down the Tao 2 Elders and now Sister Messenger and I will be the sole missionaries over Tao 2 and will not be working in Bade anymore. It makes me SO sad because our favorite investigators were in Bade. But it'll be a good opportunity. Honestly, I don't think the Tao 2 ward thinks it's a good opportunity. A ward member told us that alot of people were thinking it was as if there weren't ANY missionaries in the ward anymore. HEY! We resent that! But I can see their concern...the 2 Taiwanese Elders were booted and replaced by a set of short foreign sisters with really bad Chinese. Haha. Yikes. It will be strange as well since we will now start teaching MEN as well. CRAZY!! So awkward. The Elders introduced some of their investigators to us since we'd start teaching them and these guys were really awkward and wouldn't leave us alone. They kept trying to practice their English and stuff and it was really annoying. Haha. But it'll be a really good opportunity. It'll be nice to not have to work in 2 wards a million years apart from eachother. It'll also be nice to not be a respecter of persons when it comes to contacting...we will teach all genders. So interesting. Most of all, I just want the ward to trust me/us. I'm not the most outspoken person, so they don't look at me and think, "wow, she knows what she's doing." If any of you have any suggestions on how to better work with ward leaders, PLEASE let me know!

Because of the new arrangement, we have to move into the Elders apartment. I almost cried. It was SO disgusting!!! We walked in this morning and were overwhelmed with a "pee the bed" smell, and garbage ALL over the floor. The fridge was full of moldy food and the bathroom and kitchen floors haven't been mopped in MONTHS. They were brown and grimey. The pillows we inherited have yellow stains all over them. I can't use it...I just can't. We're going to buy new pillows for the apartment today. We were so overwhelmed that we came to do email first...so I foresee a good 5 hours of cleaning ahead of me today. Grrr...those boys. I even told them for 2 days to CLEAN and they kept telling me, "trust me, our apartment is pretty clean." MY EYE!

I was chased down by a dog the other day! I was riding and suddenly saw a dog chasing me! I even saw his jaws open and heard the CHOMP CHOMP as he kept trying to bite my ankle! It was so creepy! I should have kicked him in the face but I wasn't thinking about it. Next time.

Life is so good! The gospel is true. I love being a missionary. I have the Best Two Years stuck in my head all the time. Keep the faith! The gospel makes us so happy. It's ALWAYS worth it to live the gospel. Even if it takes change. Sometimes I've felt that change is painful, but as long as we're moving closer to Heavenly Father, it will have beautiful and happy results.

Love you my wonderful family!!

Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment