Monday, November 23, 2009

Our REAL investigator!

The MTC is great. I really do love it. Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed but it's all good. I had a really good experience with my companion this week. We taught in the TRC this week (the TRC is a place where you role-play teaching experiences) and we actually taught a REAL investigator from Xiamen. We taught her about how God loves her and she seemed to be okay with all that. Then when we talked about Eternal Families she seemed really touched and the Spirit was definitely there. It was so neat. I was so excited that she was a real investigator. It made me so excited!

We had a fireside on Sunday by Stephen B. Allen. He is the director of the missionary dept I think. He said there are 4 stages of being a missionary: #1 the honeymoon stage of being happy and loving it all (a stage I never reached...haha). #2 the Hostile stage where you hate everything, everything stinks and you gotta go home now! (a stage I've hit a few times...haha) #3 the Grin and Bear it Stage (the stage I'm in most of the time and the #4 Successful stage. He said the key to getting to the successful stage ASAP is by having your heart in it. He said if our hearts are in "our mom's kitchens, our rooms with our toys or our boyfriend's backpacks" then it's not in the right place. Gulp. I'll need to get my heart back from Grant for just a little bit I suppose. It was a really good talk.

So gym time is a pretty fun time of day. We usually run laps or use the bikes for 20 minutes then spend the rest of the time playing 4square. It's so fun! We have the 4-square usuals that we've become buddies with. Like Elders Scrimsure and Cutler. Elder Cutler is a funny guy who is headed to Morristown NJ Spanish Speaking. He always says girls are "backstabbers" at 4 square so whenever he sees us around the MTC he shakes his fist as if he's stabbing someone in the back. Haha. It's really fun. Four square in Chinese is Si fang square but Elders have nicknamed it Siwang Square which means "death" square. Haha.

This Thanksgiving is going to be pretty fun. We have a Turkey dinner for lunch then sack dinners. We have a Humanitarian project in the evening which should be cool. Rumor has it that Elder Holland is coming, which is way exciting!

We had to have chest/lung X-rays for our Taiwanese visa. I wasn't concerned except that they called me back in for a 2nd X-ray for some reason! :( I don't think I have a problem, but I don't know if I have scar tissue from all the asthma and bronchitis problems I've had. I don't think that would keep me from getting a visa, but I just want to be sure.

Anyway, my time is pretty much out. Thank you so much for all of you who have written to me! You can use Dear Elder.com and it works like an email for your and snailmail for me. It's cool. I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!
Love coley

No comments:

Post a Comment