Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Meeting Sister Dalton and singing performances

Nicole's District

This week in the MTC has been pretty good.

Thank you all for your cards and gifts!! They were all so awesome!! My companion was super sweet and worked really hard to make it a good day. She had written her mom to have her mail some things to her for my birthday. On the 7th she woke up early and blew up balloons and decorated our door. Then her Mom had sent some little gifts, and hostess cupcakes with "23" candles. Then the Elders in my district gave me a whole ton of random stuff which looked like Christmas excess. They gave me a crochetted finger puppet, a chocolate reindeer, chapstick, a puzzle ring, slime, gum, a baby picture of our zone leader, and New years blower thingy. Then after personal study, out of no where, Elder Knight or "Xia Zhanglao" who is a really sweet quiet Elder, got up and played "happy birthday" on a little slide whistle he got in a new years popper. It was so nice. I felt really special. Grant sent me a cute package with a headbandy thing, and a mini poster of Jay Chou. haha. This will replace the one from our old bedroom, eh Amberly? He "signed" it and wrote "I know the church is true" in chinese characters. It was great. Rachel, thank you so much for the shirt and ipod! wait, it DID work to load music or it didn't? The screen light is broken on it, but the rest of it works fine...or at least it should. Thank you all again for the letters and cards!! It was the best birthday I've had in a long time. Oh yeah, I even got a card from the MTC President. Haha.

Soooo...we leave in 2 weeks and 1 day!! I wish I remembered to bring my mission home's address to the computer lab. Anyway, but we're flying out on the 26th. I'm very scared, but I feel like I've been in the MTC long enough. People get weird when they've been here for too long. Haha.

Sister Elaine Dalton of the YW General Presidency came to RS again. I got to shake her hand. She's a really neat lady. All the older sisters "jiemeimen" in my zone auditioned to since in a fireside or devotional and we got in. We're singing an arrangment of I am a Child of God and Joseph Smith's First Prayer that Sister Clyde wrote. It's really pretty and it's a neat opportunity to sing in the MTC in front of all the missionaries, but I'm PETRIFIED!! Especially when there are only 2 of us singing alto. When we auditioned only in front of the music chair woman and President Smith's wife, my knees were shaking and I almost fell over. Ha. We'll be performing in front of over 2000 people. Yeesh. You'd think the Heralders and a handful of solos/duets in Primary Programs would have gotten me used to it...

Well, tell me what everyone is up to! I LOVE getting letters telling me what everyone is up to. It's like I get to visit home for just a few minutes.

Anyway, I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment