Sunday, November 14, 2010

One Year Mark!!!!!

Well, this week hasn't been crazy eventful...Thursday was my 1 year on my mission mark though. That's soooo crazy to think I've been out that long. It's made me ponder a lot about what's happened in the past year. I've loved it. Maybe I didn't love EVERY minute of it, but I love even looking back at the hard times and seeing how much it helped me and how much I needed that growing time. I love looking back at the MTC and remembering my fun district and teachers (even though in all, I hated the MTC). Then it's soooo cool that I got to serve in South Salt Lake and especially that I got to teach Brewy. Then my first transfer was hard with the transition from SLC and it was rough, but I love Zhubei and the people I met there. My second transfer with Sister Weng was such a blast and so fun and I really loved her a lot. 2nd and 3rd transfers in Taoyuan were soooo much fun with Sister Messenger and I really loved the members and investigators there. I love that part of the country. My companion taught me a lot and I learned to let my hair down and relax in a positive way. Then last transfer with Sister Stenquist was a growing transfer as I got to know Banqiao and learned some humility. This past transfer was a BLAST and soooo wonderful with Sister Bready. We have SO much companionship unity. It's so great because we can just focus on our teaching skills and personal progression instead of working out what lacks in companionship teaching and stuff. It's so good. When we share scriptures or plan for lessons, we have the same references and plans come to mind. It's soooo nice. I'm starting to love Banqiao and the members as I know them and the area better. It's just been a good mission so far. I'm excited for what more lies ahead...although I'll be very sad if I move or Sister Bready gets transfered next week. I don't know if I've been the best missionary ever...there are still things I wish I could do or have done better...but in all, I've really loved my mission experiences so far.
Any how...on my year mark on Thursday we didn't do anything too different... but during our morning exercise time we ran to the Carrefour and bought some pancake mixings and made berry pancakes. So good! Then for dinner we ate tacos. Pretty good!
I love biking. I think it's so much fun. Last preparation day we biking to Shulin, a neighboring city and biked up a HUGE mountain, which, I'm pretty proud of. Before Taiwan, I would have been panting like crazy to just go up a slight incline, but we conquered a huge mountain with only a few stops. There were some HUGE graves and Buddhas and temples that we got some good pictures of. It was sooo fun. But it really destroyed my knees for a few days. I need to be careful. I never knew why the "old" missionaries always complained about their knees, but now I'm understanding...after biking so much for so long they really start wearing down. After biking up that mountain my knees are starting to pop and creak and hurt when I run. But it's been feeling better the past few days. After we biked the mountain we went to a "chi dao bao" which literally means "eat until you're full." Aka, all you can eat. It was all you can eat barbeque and hotpot. Soooo good. They bring out little barbeque grills and propaine burners with pots of soup to your table. Then they just keep bringing out plates of meat and you can either boil it in your hotpot or grill it on your burner. And they just keep bringing out the meat. Sooooo goooooood. Today for Pday we are going to Danshui, which is north by the coast. Apparently it's cool but I have no idea...we're just going to explore. Sister Bready also did ILP in China so she and I have similar views on sightseeing, which is, "it's better if you don't know where you going and you get lost."
Anyway, I really love you all! Thank you always for your letters and emails! Sorry writing back is always a slow process. :S
Love you! Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment