Monday, November 1, 2010

Stiletto shoe malfunctions

Hi! Sorry this letter is a little later than usual. We went out to lunch with our Bishop which took longer than expected. Now half of PDay is over and we haven't done anything. :S
How was everyone's Halloween??? I hope it was good!!! What was everyone and what did you do? Send pictures!!! We dressed up as pioneers for Halloween. We wore really ugly, long gray skirts, button up shirts and wooly scarves...but wait, that's what we ALWAYS wear. Harhar.
So this week was good! On Tuesday I went to a Trainer's meeting with other trainers and the district leaders and the mission president. We just had some good training about what Heavenly Father wants us to learn for our investigators and stuff. It was soooo good. Before, District Leaders and stuff could just make up whatever he wanted to train people in his district at district meeting, but now the entire meeting has a set topic and agenda. So everything comes straight from President Monson. So cool. What "the top" is wanting us to learn is how to receive personal revelation through prayer and the Book of Mormon. Sooooo good. We watched Elder Holland's talk "Safety For the Soul" (look it up on mormon.org) and it got the fire going! So we've started reading the Book of Mormon more with our investigators and have felt the power coming from it. The Book of Mormon really is so amazing. We felt like we shouldn't address the messy investigator's messiness, so we only talked to her about the scriptures...but it was one of the most powerful lessons we've ever taught. We just read the Book of Mormon and testified with all the energy we had and it actually seemed to penetrate her. Read the Book of Mormon! Get kids to love it! It's really such a miracle we have such an ancient record with so many practical life's answers in it.
While we were walking to the metro from the meeting, I heard a ripping noise and saw that the strap on my shoe totally ripped off. I hobbled on, then suddenly I heard ANOTHER ripping noise and the strap on the other shoe ripped off! So I looked like I was crippled because I had to drag my feet to keep my shoes on. The straps were flopping all over the place. When we got on the metro we had a few people giving me advice, like "tie them back on with a rubber band" or "cut off the straps and make them into inside slippers" or "throw them away and buy new ones". The unfortunate part is that a while back my other pair of shoes did the same thing so after those shoes ripped I had NO shoes to wear. Fortunately I found a shoe repair shop where I got both pairs fixed so all is well, but until then, I biked and tracted for a day and a half in flowery orange $3 stiletto heels I'd luckily bought the day before. It was so very painful and embarrassing.
On Wednesday I challenged my whole beginning English class to be baptized and one woman said yes! She's a very interesting woman. She reminds me of a Chinese version of Mammy's little helper girl on Gone with the Wind "I's scared! I's scared!" She's a fun woman, haha.
I can't believe it's NOVEMBER!! I'll have been on my mission for ONE YEAR on the 11th. SO crazy!! Time has passed by SO quickly!!
Love you all! Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment