Sunday, August 29, 2010

Transfers, hiking, and goat milk

Hi Family!!

Taiwan is good! I was actually transfered to a new area today. I'm now in a suburb of Taibei County called BanQiao [ban-chow]. It seems I'm moving closer and closer to Taibei. Yikes, scary! It's really clean and nice from what I've seen of it. My new companion is Sister Stenquist from Kaysville. She was actually homeschooled too! Haha! This is her 4th transfer on island so I am the senior companion. She took Chinese for a couple years at BYU so her Chinese is pretty much better than mine, so we're a good pair. This will be a good transfer, but a little rough. I'm terrified, honestly. I was in PEC (priesthood executive committee) yesterday and discussed the needs of one of our investigators --I thought I said it completely clearly but the bishop just blinked and said "I don't understand you." Haha. This will be a humbling transfer. Our apartment is a studio apartment so we study, eat and sleep in one room, but it's super new and nice. Things will be good.

I'm really sad to leave the people of Taoyuan. My companion Sister Messenger is training a new missionary so we were in a 3some for a few days. She was my 3rd Sister Peterson I've served with. I'll miss the investigators we had there. We had a golden investigator Li Jia Lin who is wonderful and has the cutest little boys ever. The little boys were so sad that I was leaving. I LOVE those little boys so much!! My heart hurts for leaving. We were also teaching a boy named Jian, who was a really endearing kid. He has a twitch. He is a former investigator and HE called US out of no where because "he had a feeling." He's humble and wants to be baptized but his parents oppose. He's so great. Then we were teaching a cute 19 year old girl named Kiki who is a lot of fun. Our leadership was good too. It's so sad to leave!! We were getting really close to these people...which is probably why it's good to leave. It's good for people not to get attached to missionaries.

On Saturday we went hiking with our ward and investigators. It was really nice. We all fed goats and drank goat milk at the very end. It was a funny finale to the ward activity. I can't see the highlight of a ward outting in the US being drinking goat milk. But it was good. Church was good on Sunday. We had 10 investigators come to church, which NEVER happens. Plus 5 people just walked in off the street because they felt like it was a good place to be. FIVE! That's so crazy.

Spiritual Thought of the Day:
2 Nephi 29:7 "
Know ye not that there are more anations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the bisles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the cearth beneath; and I bring forth my dword unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?"
Heavenly Father loves ALL of His children on the earth. Interesting, I've heard ALOT of non members say when they visit Taibei temple square or church "I like this place. I feel like I've come home." It's neat that our spirit remembers living with God and when we go to the house of the Lord, we remember how it feels to live with Him.

Anyway, I love you all! If Dad, Danny, Robert and Michael have any tips about how to be a Sr Comp, let me know. I feel like I forgot how to be a missionary overnight. After moving to a new place, I feel like I'm on ILP again.

Love you!!
Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment