Sunday, September 5, 2010

A symbolic dream during a hard week

Hi Family!!

So this week was really good! It was actually REALLY hard. But because of that, I learned alot and have so much to be grateful for. So first off, the night before I left Taoyuan, I had a good little experience while praying. I was REALLY tired so I dozed off during my prayer. I dreamt there was a row of ancient Chinese soldiers, all using different weapons; staff, ax, sword, spear, etc. There was one "enemy" who was using a sword. When the enemy attacked, all the weapons made the same counter-attack. I thought to myself "why would they use the same move? If they wanted to fulfill their potential they would move how they were made to." Then I woke up and pondered for a second and wondered why I had such a little dream. But then I had this thought that it was a lesson from Heavenly Father and that it could be compared to missionaries. As missionaries or people in general, we have all have totally different talents, strengths and personalities, so Heavenly Father will use us the further his work in different ways. In essense, we are all his "secret weapon." We all have our different ways and strengths. It wouldn't make sense for an ax to think, "I'm just not as cool as the sword. Maybe I'll try to do all the moves the sword does" because the ax is NOT the sword. The ax has it's own moves and ways. That little impression and dream has meant ALOT to me this week. I've had to just keep in mind, "I can't be someone else. I can't be just like that super awesome sister so and so because her gifts are different than mine. She's a spear...I'm a staff." I don't know, I hope that makes sense. But it's helped me a lot. When I'm tempted to be stressed because I don't think I'm doing things right, I just have to think, "Heavenly Father brought me HERE, NOW, for a reason, because of my own personal strengths and things I have learned." It's been such a strength.

More than anything, this week has been a major kick to the pride. Every day I've felt like I've been kicked in the booty a million times. My companion is really awesome and amazing and knows the area and the investigators and has had super amazing companions before me and yadda yadda and I know NOTHING. But I had it in my mind that "I'm senior, I shouldn't be the one who is clueless." So I spent a lot of time being angry and frustrated and misunderstanding my companion and being super arrogant or whatever. Every day was a mighty prayer that never ended. But the miracle in all of it, is that my heart has been changing. If it hadn't been for Heavenly Father, I would be a nervous, bitter wreck right now, but Heavenly Father has let me just let go and change my way of seeing things. Things are just getting better and better. I am starting to understand things about leadership and missionary work and humility. I'm still a dodo, but Heavenly Father helped me see how to do better. Our companionship is getting better and working better together and things are going to be really good. Sister Stenquist is soooo good. She understands some things about teaching that I have yet to grasp. Things are going well.

One thing that has been really good about this week, is that I've turned over a new leaf in contacting. We have done more contacting and tracting the past week than probably my whole mission. Which isn't necessarily saying we've spent our time more effectively...tracting doesn't have a lot of results...but I feel like I've been able to finally just talk to people without thinking too much. If you think to much you think yourself out of contacting someone. But it's been going really well. We've contacted alot and it's been really exhilirating.

Anyway, life is good! The Church is true! Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I'm so happy to have this gospel!! Sometimes I just marvel that we have so many wonderful blessings. The Book of Mormon is so awesome, I just can't believe what a miracle it is to be reading it. The temple is beautiful and like a little Celestial Kingdom on earth. How is it that we are blessed so much? Share it with everyone! Members have so much more missionary power then missionaries. Every single person I've helped baptize has been a member referral. Share this gospel! Help everyone have the opportunity to feel that cozy thrill when reading the Conference Ensign. Ah, the Church is so good.

Love you all my wonderful family!!
Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment