Sunday, September 19, 2010

Service and a Typhoon

Hey Family!!

This week has been interesting...we've worked pretty hard...I've knocked on more doors and talked to more people on the streets than I have my whole mission. Unfortunately, it came with little to no success. This week was our lowest weeks as far as numbers go. SOOO low. But that's okay. We had some doors slammed in our faces and some Jehovah's Witnesses say that didn't want to hear our about our Mormon Book, but for the most part, people are really really nice, even if they reject you. We mostly always get a little message in and testify. The Spirit is really strong and I know these people will have another chance someday.

On Friday, our mission went to some big "protect the environment" thingy in Taibei and we volunteered to pick up cigarette butts and scrape gum and betelnut off the streets. So gross, but it was cool. Then we walked by the street we just cleaned and saw people chuck their cigarettes on the ground and I was soooo bugged. Haha. Grrr.

Sunday we had a typhoon! I was so excited to see it...and it wasn't that cool. I would actually say some of Sandy's wind storms are comparable in strength to that typhoon. But we were told to stay inside the whole day, which was nice. We got to do some stuff that really needed to be done. We called all of our Former Investigators and people we'd contacted on the street and got 7 people set up for this week, which was pretty cool! Not bad! We also get a few hours of studying Chinese and writing to investigators and converts.

Anyway, I'm already out of internet time. But I just want to say that I love this gospel. It's so wonderful and it's so good to see it change people's lives. You can truly tell if a person has been reading the book of mormon that week. They are more happy and peaceful. I love it. Keep praying! Go to Church and love it!! :)

Love you all!
Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment