Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weird food and great teaching

Hi Family!!

This week has been really good! We've had a lot of good things happen. I've been really blessed these past couple weeks to finally have the courage to really contact and talk to people. It's been great. But there seems to be a trend, that everyone that stops and listens are all MEN. So frustrating because we personally can't teach men. But it's cool, as long as they get taught, right? We taught a man a first lesson on the street a week ago and now he's meeting with the Elders and has alot of potential. I had a neat experience the other day while doing our morning exercise. We usually run to a huge track stadium (did Taiwan ever host the Olympics...?) and run around and stretch and all that stuff. Well, while I was stretching I met this man who just LOVES English. His name is Nico and when I said my name was Nicole I thought he was going to pass out he was so happy that our names were so similar. He's a little skinny middle aged guy. He was baptized into another Christian church, so I told him about the Restoration as we ran around the track. Then we invited him to church the next day and he came! And he shared his feelings and his hopes in class at church and everything. It's so neat that Heavenly Father just brings people like this to us. We've been having a hard time finding women to teach though...I don't know why!

So we had a couple other neat experiences. We teach this woman who has 3 little girls. She is the sweetest mother and works so hard for her kids. Her husband isn't very supportive and might be a little abusive(?) and doesn't like us missionaries. So when we meet with her we have to teach her in her kids little play room and the husband sulks in his bedroom. He won't let her go to church or be baptized. Grrrr...meany. She has been losing hope and seems so down and stressed. But this week was good! She prayed and read the Book of Mormon and it perfectly answered her questions. She read 2Nephi 2 and said, "I get it! I always wondered WHY God would create the snake in the first place. But it says here, that the snake was the devil and it was the DEVIL'S choice to become evil and the snake. Wow, the Book of Mormon really helps us understand the Bible." It was so neat to see her testimony and hear someone bear their testimony. We taught her about teaching her children truth and gave her a little kid Book of Mormon with pictures and she said, "Oh sisters, I will keep praying, and someday, I will have success [over my husband]!" So awesome.

This week has been good with our companionship. We've been getting used to eachother's way of doing things and personalities so things are really good. We're becoming good pals, which is nice. Haha, so both having been homeschooled, we have had the weirdest conversations. About Civil War reenacting, Shakespe-uh, Classic Literatooore, musicals of the 1950s, and who was the most dishy actor of the black and white era. Haha. We've had the music from "Camelot" stuck in our heads for the past week. "Do you recall the other night when I distinctly said you might sit beside me at the next town fair..."

Eating gluten free has been rough recently. I haven't adjusted to this area's eating choices yet, so I've lost some weight. Which being a girl, I could never complain about...but I'm really getting sick of my diet, which consists of milk peanut soup in a can, Dad's Root Beer, and mandarin orange yogurt. I may occasionally cook french fries in the toaster oven or when we eat out I'll have tomato eggs and cabbage on rice. Yep, that's about it. Sadly, I don't know what is being contaminated though, because that long lost horrible rash I used to get on my hands as a child is coming back.

I went to Church the other day and was having the hardest time staying awake. My head was bobbing like crazy then I didn't find out until the end of the meeting that my mission president had come to our ward and was sitting right behind me! Mortifying.

I'm sure there were other great things that have happened, but my time is up! I love you all so much!!

Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment