Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nicole hangs out with her sister (*gasp*)

(This post is written by Nicole's sister Rachel)

Due to all Nicole's issues with losing her credit cards and that bag, her mission president gave me permission to see Nicole so we could go to the bank and get things squared away before she left (long story).

So Monday morning I called the mission office and they gave me Nicole's cell phone number upon which I asked for Sister Dowdle.

Nicole picked up the phone and I said in a squirrely Popple voice, "SISTER DOWDLE? This is a Popple!" (inside joke, our family is weird)

She starts shrieking "RACHEL!!! You can't call me here!"

"Yes Coley, I looked in the Illegal Phone Book of Missionary Numbers and found you!"
We met at the mission home and I saw that she had CHOPPED OFF her hair but she was beautiful and shining!

After, I took Nicole and her companion (Sister Peterson) to the bank and helped her tie things off before she left to Taiwan and then I took them to Hobby Lobby and the grocery store, since Monday was their Preparation Day. It was so fun to see her and hang out with her! When would that have been able to happen?? It was awesome. She is such a strong and dedicated missionary. At the bank she even invited the woman from India who was helping us to meet with the missionaries. She doesn't let an opportunity pass her by! She and her companion live in the basement of a very beautiful home owned by a chiropractor who spoils them rotten. She is really enjoying her mission so far, even with this little detour to the Salt Lake City mission. Nicole is told she will have her visa within 1-3 weeks and then she is REALLY off!

We love you Nicole!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment