Monday, February 15, 2010

Running into family while on the mission!

So this week has been good! Well, first off, seeing Rachel, Robert, Lindsey, Emily, Cousin Bev, and Brewy all in the past week, was really fun!! Haha, I don't know if it was good for the focus...but it was good. I'll try to remember all that happened in the past week, it may be hard though...
1. Last P-Day Rachel took me and my companion to the bank to do the Power of Attorney thinger. It was so fun to see her. It made me realize that I was still in Utah and still Nicole Dowdle. I kind of forgot that...She was really nice and bought me and my companion groceries.

2. Last Tuesday our investigator that was going to get baptized but called us and dropped her date and off the face of the earth, called us and said "what will it take for me to be baptized this Saturday?" We were so excited!! We taught her another lesson and got her all ready. She was so excited and things were going so well!! Our prayers had been answered for her. THEN! Sad story. Some member co-worker of hers found out that she was getting baptized and said, "are you serious? You're rushing things. You're not ready and you're getting baptized for the wrong reasons." This really upset our investigator so she cancelled the baptism!! So upset! Why would a member say such things? So that evening we prayed to know what to do and right afterwards a member called about something totally different. But the member and I were both impressed that he should come with us to see our investigator that night. This member is AWESOME and really a stalward kind guy. So we took him to the investigator's house and everything went well. She's still going to wait on her baptism, but she feels better about things. Then she was praying about her co-worker and right when she did, she got a text from the co-worker apologizing, which really confirmed our investigator's faith. It was good.

3. We tracted an apartment building and ran into a couple "Bible Bashers". It was fun...we didn't bash, but it was interesting.

4. We helped a Hispanic family move for service on Thursday. They had a little boy named Ernesto. He was so funny. I asked if he had any pets. He said, "No we don't have ANY pets. Not a cat, not a dog, not a bird, not a chihuahua." Hahaha. I laughed for so long.

5. We worked hard this week to find people, and were given a kid who wants to be baptized!

6. We are teaching an adorable 9 year old named Andrea. She watched Richard Simmons videos for fun!

7. We had a baptism yesterday! A really awesome boy named Townsend. He has so much faith. His Dad is less active, but he goes to Church anyway. He's such a good boy. He's getting the Priesthood on Sunday and he's so excited. His Dad is starting to show some desire to be reactivated and get the Priesthood too, which is really exciting.

8. President Laney wants Sis Petersen and I to practice Chinese every so often so we have gone on some exchanges with a Mandarin speaking Sister. We taught a 12 year old girl who was just adopted from China. She was soooo funny!! She had so much energy and wore a "hello kitty" headband. The concept of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ blew her mind! We had a book and paintings and she would point to every one and say "This is Jesus Christ?" Sister Tan would say, "No! that's Joseph Smith. You know Jesus Christ has a beard." Then she would laugh and say, oh yeah!

9. We taught Brewy (my sister) the 1st Lesson on Saturday! It was fun to see her again. I miss her alot. Her hair is reddish now, it's pretty cute. It's funny, she wears all my clothes but somehow looks so much cuter in them than I did. Haha. The lesson went well. Brew remembers alot about the Church. The Spirit was really strong, especially at the 1st vision. Anyway, I'll let Brew tell you how she liked it, but I know she felt the Spirit because her eyes were the size of golf-balls after the 1st vision part and she said, "Wow, your companion said that so well, wow, that was crazy. That was intense!" We told her it wasn't how she said it, but it was the Spirit telling her it was true.

10. I saw Emily, Lindsey and Robert on Saturday! We were visiting someone in their friend's neighborhood and I saw their car! We knocked on their friend's door and Emily came to the door and screamed "NICOLE!" It was so cute!! It was so good to see those little girlies again and nice to chat with Robert for a minute. Unfortunately Jessica was out shopping, but maybe I'll run into her before I leave...?

anyway, I've gotta run!! Time's up!
Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment