Monday, February 22, 2010

Last week in Salt Lake!

So...are my emails getting to everyone? I haven't heard from, Mom, Dad, or Jessica in FOREVER! And Brewy, you're emails aren't getting to me! :( Try to resend them.

Anyhow, this week has been rough, but good! Oh, everyone and their dog in South Jordan has a dog, so I've been in allergy Outer Darkness for a month. It's misery. Anyway. I don't know if I have anything terribly amazing to say today...I'm leaving to Taiwan tomorrow, so I'll call everyone I can (if I can afford a phone card) at the airport. Of course those who have written to me get longer phone call privileges. >:( Haha, just kidding... Anyway, it's sad to leave South Jordan. I actually have really loved this whole experience. It has shown me that it doesn't matter where you serve, just as long as you're serving, you'll love it. I'm really sad to leave some of our really awesome investigators. They are so neat and it's so cool to see them learn. There are the cutest little group of 8-10 year old girls in the neighborhood that we read scriptures with that I'll miss like crazy. They're in one of the pictures I attached.

Well, let's see, one fun event I had yesterday was with our adorable recent convert Townsend (he's the one in the baptism pictures). We taught him some review lessons then the ward mission leader taught him about the Priesthood and Missionary Work. After the lesson was over, we asked Townsend if he wanted to go tracting with us. He was so awesome! He's only 12 but he was fearless and he got us into a door! He taught part of the Joseph Smith story and bore a sweet testimony that was really touching. He is so excited to serve a mission. He was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday too.

I've been teaching Brewy (my sister) more and it's so cool! She's really doing so well. She's alot more like the Brewy I know and she's wanting and already making alot of changes. It was so funny to be with her. My companion was a little confused at our humor...we'd start making Looney Tunes "Bull" and Joanna faces and quoting RockaDoodle and laughing hysterically and she thought we were crazy.
You know what I've learned most of all through this whole experience in South Jordan is thus:
1. Those who fall into inactivity for one reason or another generally are very stressed out people. It seems like those who have fallen away feel a general feeling of frustration, but it's nonetheless REALLY hard to get them active again. It's hard because you know that the gospel will help things for them.
2. People don't change, but the gospel changes people. It's amazing the changes a person can make and the feeling you get around someone when they start living the gospel. Both getting reactivated and newly converted people start to have a new light about them. It's really a VISIBLE thing. It's incredible.
3. Heavenly Father gives you blessings depending on your desires. I have prayed my face off for Brewy (my sister) for a few years now, and it's a testimony to me that Heavenly Father loves us so much that he'd let me have the opportunity to teach Brew. I thought that was so neat.

Anyway, I don't really know what else to talk about. I will call you all tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment